The Division of Child Protection Pediatrics provides comprehensive medical and psychosocial services to child maltreatment victims and to children living in foster care. The Division also serves children whose complex medical and/or psychosocial needs benefit from additional services that are less readily available in traditional clinics. Our program emphasizes evidence-based clinical practice, research, and education of future providers.
Division Related News and Links
Shaken Baby Syndrome – Abusive Head Trauma
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Information
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Information
- Shaken Baby Syndrome Fact Page
- American Academy of Pediatrics Child Abuse and Neglect (SOCAN)
- AAP Policies (evaluation of physical abuse, evaluation of sexual abuse, skeletal survey in young children with fractures)