Kim K. Cheung, MD, PhD
- Associate Professor
Kim K. Cheung, MD, PhD
- Graduate School
- Tulane University, School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, 1983
- Rutgers Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey, 1985-1986
Areas of Interest
Medical Care for Foster Children
Child Fatality Review
- Cheung, KK and Newton, A: Patterns and protein synthesis during development of Caulobacter Crescentus. Developmental Biology 1977; 56:417-425
- Cheung, KK and Newton, A: Polyadenylic acid synthesis activity of purified DNA-dependent RNA polymerase from Caulobacter. Journal of Biological Chemistry 1978; 253(7): 2254-61.
- Cheung, KK: Child Abuse – Infant Case Studies. Trends in Health Care, Law and Ethics 1983; 8(2): 64-65
- Ewing-Cobbs L, Kramer, Prasad M, Canales, Louis, Fletcher J, Vollero, Landry S, and Cheung K: Neuroimaging, Physical and Developmental Findings Follow-Up Inflicted and Non-inflicted. Traumatic Brain Injury in Young Children. Pediatrics 1998; 102:300-306
- Cheung, KK: Practice Guidelines: Child Abuse and Neglect. Journal Pediatric Health Care 1999; 13, 142-143
- McClain N, Girardet R, Lahoti S, Cheung K, Berger K and McNeese M: Evaluation of Sexual Abuse in the Pediatric Patient. Journal Pediatric Health Care 2000: 14:93-102.
- Lahoti S, McClain N, Girardet R, McNeese M, and Cheung K: Practice Guidelines: Screening and Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Part 1: Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Bacterial Vaginosis. Journal Pediatric health Care 2000; 14, 34-36.
- McClain N, Cheung K, Girardet R, Lahoti S, and McNeese M: Practice Guidelines: Screening and Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Part 2: Trichomonas, Human Papillomavirus Infection, and Genital Herpes Simplex Virus. Journal Pediatric Health Care 2000; 14: 130-132
- Lahoti S, McClain N, Girardet R, McNeese M, and Cheung K: Evaluating the child for sexual abuse. American Family Physicians 2001; 63:883 – 892.
- Girardet R, McClain N. McNeese M, Lahoti S, Cheung K, Hartwell E, Berger K. Comparison of the urine-base ligase chain reaction test to culture for detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhea in pediatric sexual abuse victims. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 2001; 20(2): 144 – 147.
- Cheung, KK., Montgomery, D., and Benjamins, L. Prevalence of Sexually Transmitted Infections Among Ad9olescents Entering Child Protective Services. Journal of pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology. 2015 October; 28(5): 324-326. Published on line, September 2014.
American Board of Pediatrics