- Graduate School
- Cairo Faculty of Medicine - Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt, 1976
- The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas, 1991 - 1994
- The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas, 2003 - 2007
- Patel CB, Strommen JJ, Elliott AM, Muallem G, Eissa MA. Nutrition Mission: Feasibility of a Health Promotion and Education Intervention in a Houston, TX Elementary School. Texas Medicine. 108(4): 55 – 58, 2012.
- Feldmann, JM, Eissa,MA. Female adolescent athletes’ awareness of the connection between menstrual status and bone health. Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology 24(5):311-314, 2011.
- Dai S, Eissa M, Fullton J, Steffen L, Labarthe D. Associations of BMI and Its Fat-Free and Fat Components with Blood Lipids in Children: Project HeartBeat! Clinical Lipidology, 6(2): 235 – 244, 2011.
- Meininger J, Brosnan C, Eissa M, Nguyen T, UpChurch S. Overweight and central adiposity in school-age children and links with hypertension. Journal of Pediatric Nursing 25(2): 119-125, 2010.
- Labarthe D, Dai S, Mueller W,Fulton J, Harrist R, Shah S, Wen E, Eissa M. Distinctions among systolic fourth- and fifth phase diastolic blood pressure from age 8-18 in association with demographic and anthropometric variables: Project HeartBeat! Am J Prev Med 37(1S): S86-S97, 2009.
- Eissa M, Wen E, Mihalopoulos N, Grunbaum J, Labarthe D. Evaluation of AAP Guidelines for Cholesterol Screening in Youth: Project HeartBeat! Am J Prev Med 37(1S): S71-S78, 2009.
- Eissa M, Dai S, Mihalopoulos N, Day R, Harrist R, Labarthe D. Trajectories of Fat Mass Index, Fat Free Mass Index and Waist Circumference in Children: Project HeartBeat! Am J Prev Med 37(1S): S34-S40, 2009.
- Brosnan C, Meininger J, UpChurch S, Eissa M. The cost of screening adolescents for overweight and hypertension using a community partnership model. Journal of Public Health Nursing. 25(3): 235 – 243, 2008.
- Eissa M, Meininger J, Nguyen T, Chan W. The relationship of ambulatory blood pressure to physical activity in triethnic obese and nonobese adolescents. Am J Hypertens. 20(2):140-147, 2007.
American Board of Pediatrics -1997, Recertified – 2012
American Board of Pediatrics- Sub-board of Adolescent Medicine, 2008
Specialist in Clinical Hypertension (by American Society of Hypertension), 1999
American Board of Obesity Medicine, 2014