Community Health Program
Message from the Vice Chair
The Community Health Program is the functional unit in the Department of Family & Community Medicine that serves as the liaison between the Department and the Harris Health System (HHS) Community Health Program (CHP) and activities at the Lyndon Baines Johnson Hospital (LBJ). The Program coordinates medical services, educational activities (both medical student and resident), research, community outreach, and health profession interdisciplinary endeavors at the HCHD community health centers that serve the LBJ hospital.
Mohammad Zare, M.D.
Vice Chair of Community Affairs of Family and Community Medicine
Message from the Director
The seven Community Health Centers overseen by the Program include:
- Acres Home Health Center
- Aldine Health Center
- Baytown Health Center
- Danny Jackson Health Center
- El Franco Lee Health Center
- Settegast Health Center
- E.A. Squatty Lyons Health Center
The same day clinic overseen by the Program is Margo Hilliard Alford Same Day Clinic.
The Program is staffed by 65 physicians and 17 nurse practitioners and provided over 250,000 outpatient visits in 2015. Six of the health centers have received the designation from National Center of Quality Assurance as Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Homes. These patient-centered environments provide rich educational opportunities for medical students. The continuity clinics for Family Medicine residents are provided at Acres Home and Aldine Health Centers.
Olasunkanmi W. Adeyinka, M.D.
Community Health Program Director
- To provide high quality health care to all patients in one of the Community Health Centers or admitted to the Family Medicine inpatient services and enhance continuity of care through improved communication between the hospital service and the primary care physicians at each center as well as Margo Hilliard Same Day Clinic
- To provide excellent supervised training experiences for medical students and Family Medicine residents.
- To recruit and retain faculty that provide excellent patient care, provide a rich educational experience for our medical students and residents, and are actively engaged in providing leadership to Harris Health Systems administration on issues pertinent to the quality of both patient care and education.