Sancak Yuksel, MD
- Associate Professor
ContactSancak Yuksel, MD
713-500-5410 (admin office)
Sancak Yuksel, MD, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Otorhinolaryngology. He obtained his MD degree at the Hacettepe University School of Medicine in Ankara, Turkey. He completed his Otorhinolaryngology residency at the Istanbul University Cerrahpasa School of Medicine in Istanbul, Turkey. After residency, he also obtained an advanced training in Head-Neck and Skull Base Surgery as a fellow in the same department. He served as a research fellow in the Basic Science Laboratory of the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and worked in numerous NIH-funded projects focused on the middle ear and the eustachian tube pathophysiology. He completed a two-year clinical fellowship in the Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. He also served as an instructor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Dr. Sancak Yuksel is a member of American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery. His clinical interests include pediatric ear diseases, cochlear implantation, newborn and pediatric swallowing and airway problems, and congenital head and neck lesions.
- Medical School
- Hacettepe Medical School, Hacettepe University, 1992
- Istanbul Medical School, Istanbul University, 1993
- Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul University, 1997
- Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul University, 2001
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 2009
Areas of Interest
Pediatric ear diseases, cochlear implantation, newborn and pediatric swallowing and airway problems, and congenital head and neck lesions.
- Yuksel S, Douglas Swarts J, Banks J, Seroky JT, Doyle WJ. In vivo measurement of O(2) and CO(2) gas exchange across the human tympanic membrane. Acta Otolaryngol. 2008; Aug 26:1-10.
- Hebda PA, Yuksel S, Dohar JE. The Effects of Ciprofloxacin/Dexamethasone Combination (Ciprodex) on Wound Healing in the Perforated Tympanic Membrane of the Rat. Laryngoscope. 2007 Mar;117(3):522-8.
- Chad Kanick S, Kasi S, Douglas Swarts J, Banks J, Yuksel S, Doyle WJ. Accuracy of CO2 Conductance Predicted Using Morphometric Model of the Middle Ear Mucosa. Acta Oto-Laryngol. 2006 Dec;126(12):1252-9.
- Doyle WJ, Yuksel S, Banks J, Alper CM. Directional Asymmetry in the Measured N2O Time-Constant for Middle Ear Transmucosal Gas Exchange. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2007 Jan;116(1):69-75.
- Yuksel S, Doyle WJ, Banks J, Seroky JT, Alper CM. Nasal Prostaglandin Challenge Increases N2O Exchange from Blood to Middle Ear. Auris Nasus Larynx 2005; 32: 29-32.
- Bozan S, Ozturk O, Yuksel S, Karaman E, Yilmaz S, Enver O. Long Term Hearing Results after Stapes Surgery. Cerrahpasa J Med 2004; 35: 170-3.
- Karaman E, Oktem F, Yuksel S, Banitahmaseb A, Acioglu E, Uygun N. Kikuchi-Fujimoto Disease: A Case Report. Turkish Archives of Otolaryngology, 2003; 41(4): 220-223.
- Nasiri K, Inci E, Yuksel S, Ada M, Korkut N, Kaytaz A, Devranoglu I, Ozturk M, Satıroglu G. Ultrastructural Examination of the Middle Ear Mucosa in Chronic Otitis Media. Turkish Archives of Otolaryngology 2001; 39(4): 274-9.
- Erisir F, Yuksel S, Tosyali Y, Guclu E. Endometriosis of the Lip and the Tongue: A Case Report. Turkish Journal of Ear Nose and Throat 2001; 8(5): 413-5.
- Erisir F, Aydın S, Guclu E, Guvenc G, Inci E, Yuksel S. Intratympanic Gentamycin Treatment of Meniere’s Disease (Article in Turkish). The Medical Bulletin of Haseki Hospital 2001; 39: 87-91.
- Oktem F, Ahmed V, Yagiz C, Ozdogan A, Yuksel S. Allergic Background in Pediatric Rhinosinusitis (Article in Turkish). Turkish Clinics of Otolaryngology 1999; 1(3): 132-5. 12.
- Yuksel S, Ozdogan A, Oktem F, Pelin Z, Karadeniz D, Korkut N, Kaynak H. Correlation of CPAP Level and Nasal Resistance (Article in English). Turkish Archives of Otolaryngology 1999; 37 (3-4): 71-4.
- Ada M, Aydin H, Korkut N, Devranoglu I, Kaytaz A, Sunar O, Yuksel S. Audiometric Findings in Diabetic Patients (Article in Turkish). Turkish Archives of Otolaryngology 1995; 33: 46-51.
- Ada M, Islak C, Canbaz E, Aydin H, Yuksel S, Akar Z. Intracranial Internal Carotid Artery Pseudoaneurysm as a Cause of Epistaxis (Article in Turkish). Turkish Archives of Otolaryngology 1994; 32: 209-11.
- Stridor. Pediatric Otolaryngology Symposium. 20th Academic Week of Cerrahpasa Department of Otolaryngology. The Marmara Hotel, Istanbul, Turkey. 5-7 May 2008.
- The Effects of Gastroesophageal Reflux on Eustachian Tube Function, the Development of Otitis Media and the Resolution of an Induced Episode of Acute Otitis Media. Chi D, Alper CM, Yuksel S, Swarts JD. 9th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Otitis Media, June 3-7, 2007, Tradewinds Resort & Conference Center, St. Pete Beach, Florida USA.
- Intranasal Challenge with Prostaglandin D2 and Bradykinin Increases Middle Ear to Blood Inert Gas Exchange Rates. Yuksel S, Doyle WJ, Banks J, Alper CM. 9th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Otitis Media, June 3-7, 2007, Tradewinds Resort & Conference Center, St. Pete Beach, Florida USA.
- Characterization of Experimental Otitis Media with Effusion in the Mouse. Yuksel S, Banks J, Eriksson PO, Barsic M, Dohar J, Hebda P. 9th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Otitis Media, June 3-7, 2007, Tradewinds Resort & Conference Center, St. Pete Beach, Florida USA.
- Treatment of Frey’s Syndrome with Botulinum Toxin. Yuksel S, Karakullukcu B, Derekoylu L, Aydın S, Kalekoglu N. XXVIIIth National Congress of Turkish Otolaryngology and Head- Neck Surgery, 2001
- Fungal sinusitis (poster presentation). Oz F, Toprak M, Ada M, Kaytaz A, Yuksel S, Korkut N. XIIIth Congress of European Rhinologic Society, Barcelona, Spain, 2000.
- Endometriosis of the Lip and the Tongue: A Case Report. Erisir F, Yuksel S, Tosyali Y, Guclu E. 16th Academic Week of Cerrahpasa Department of Otolaryngology. Istanbul, Turkey. 2000
- Nasal resistance in sleep disordered breathing (oral poster presentation). Yuksel S, Karadeniz D, Pelin Z, Kaynak H, Korkut N, Gozukırmızı E. Vth World Congress on Sleep Apnea , Marburg, Germany, 1997.
Book Translations (English to Turkish)
- Yuksel S, Co-Editor. Surgical Anatomy of the Head and Neck. Janfaza P, Nadol JB, Galla RJ, Fabian RL, Mongomery WW. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins 2001. 2.Yuksel S, Co-Editor. ENT Secrets. Jafek BW, Stark AK. Hanley and Belfus Inc, Philadelphia