The Otology, Neurotology and Lateral Skull Base Program at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center offers comprehensive medical and surgical services for complex ear disorders, including ear drum perforations, cholesteatoma and otosclerosis, vertigo, tinnitus, facial nerve problems and lateral skull base tumors. Our highly skilled team provides patients with cutting-edge therapies and treatments, including cochlear implants and bone-anchored hearing aids.
Scope of Expertise
- Conductive or sensorineural hearing loss
- Vertigo (dizziness)
- Tinnitus (ringing ear)
- Tympanic membrane perforations
- Chronic ear infections
- Cholesteatoma (middle ear skin cysts)
- Ménière’s Disease
- Hearing loss due to trauma
- Cochlear implantation
- BAHA (Bone-Anchored Hearing Aids)
- Facial nerve paralysis (traumatic or unknown origin)
- Middle ear or skull base tumors (acoustic neuroma, glomus tumors or cancers)
- Temporal bone fractures
- Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leaks to ear and mastoid cavity
- Eustachian tube dysfunction
Evaluation and Treatment
The program is committed to innovation in the treatment of complex malignancies and to close collaboration with referring physicians. Once a diagnosis has been made, we have at our disposal the most advanced treatment options available, including state-of-the-art medical therapy and surgery using minimally invasive techniques whenever possible.
To refer or schedule a patient, please call 713-486-5000.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment over the telephone, give our office a call at 713-486-5000.
Online Appointment Requests
Patients may submit their appointment requests through our online Appointment Request Form.
ScheduleNow allows you to book your appointment online with just a few clicks.
Current patients can contact us through our patient portal MyUTP.