The Lectureship Series
The Edward T. Smith Orthopedic Lectureship Series has been a tradition in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery for the past 61 years in honor of our first Chairman, Edward T. Smith, MD. The activity is directed primarily towards surgeons, residents, fellows and allied healthcare providers currently treating patients for musculoskeletal disease and/or injury.
61st Annual Edward T. Smith Orthopedic Lectureship – Joint Arthroplasty: Future Solutions for Present Day Problems
Dates – April 13-14, 2018
Location – Marriott Marquis, Houston, TX
Jointly provided by The University of Nevada School of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, a distinguished faculty will present their experience, techniques and pearls of wisdom regarding current treatments and procedures available. Ample question and answer sessions will be provided.
- Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Review the latest approaches and techniques in the performance of total hip and knee arthroplasty.
- Describe current concepts in hip and knee arthroplasty including new bearing surfaces, robotics, gap balancing, unicompartmental, infection and periprosthetic fractures among others.
- Apply technological advances that can be brought readily to the clinical setting of orthopaedic care.
- Identify problems, concerns and solutions relevant to primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty including articulating surface wear, inter-component failure, fractures, and infection.
- Assess the value of live robotic assisted surgery for your practice.
- 2016: Knee Ligament Injuries: What you need to know
- 2015: Emerging Concepts in the Surgical Management of the Hip: Deformity, Impingement and Fracture Orthopedic Trauma Alumni Symposium
- 2014: “Biologics for Orthopedics – Where are we in 2014?”
- 2013: “Controversies & Advances in Traumatic Pelvis and Acetabular Injuries
NEW! Trauma CME Conference
Dates – November 17-18, 2017
Title – Houston Orthopedic Trauma Symposium
Location – Hotel ZaZa Houston, TX
Course Chair – Andrew Choo, MD