Joshua Samuels, M.D.,MPH
- Nephrology Fellowship Program Director, Nephrology Fellowship
- Director, Hypertension Program
- Graduate School
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Internal Medicine/Pediatrics, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- Adult and Pediatric Nephrology Fellowship, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX
Areas of Interests
Hypertension in children and adolescents
Epidemiology and Evidence Based Medicine, Tuberous Sclerosis, Acute and chronic kidney disorders
- Samuels J, D Molony; Randomized Controlled Trials in Nephrology: State of the evidence and critiquing the evidence, 2012 ACKD [accepted]
- J Samuel, Samuels J; Evidence Based Practice in Nephrology: Systematic Reviews, 2012 ACKD [accepted]
- D Molony, Samuels J; Evidence-based medicine: A strategy to reduce clinical uncertainty resulting in improved patient outcomes and population health and reduced cost through improvements in care. 2012 ACKD [accepted]
- C Bell, T Poffenbarger, Samuels J, Ambulatory blood pressure status in children: comparing alternate limit sources, Ped Neph 2011, PMID 21858732
- KM Redwine; AA. Acosta; T Poffenbarger; R J. Portman, MD; Samuels J, Development of Hypertension among Pre-Hypertensive Adolescents J Peds 2011, Aug 23 PMID: 21868037
- Flynn, Pierce, Miller, Charleston, Samuels J, Kupferman, Furth, Warady Reliability of resting blood pressure measurement and classification using an oscillometric device in children with chronic kidney disease. 2011 J Pediatrics
- Samuels J, Ng CS, Nates J, Price K, Finkel K, Salahudeen A, Shaw A “Small increases in serum creatinine are associated with prolonged ICU stay and increased hospital mortality in critically ill patients with cancer” Supportive Care in Cancer, 2011 19(10): 1527-32
- Reid S, Cawthon PM, Craig JC, Samuels J, Molony DA, Strippoli GFM “Non-immunosuppressive treatment for IgA nephropathy ” The Cochrane Library, 2011, Issue 3. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Burke D, Lal R, Finkel KW, Samuels J, Foringer JR. Acute amphotericin B overdose. Ann Pharmacother. 2006 Dec;40(12):2254-9. Epub 2006 Nov 7.
- Aravindan N, Samuels J, Riedel B, Shaw A. Fenoldopam improves corticomedullary oxygen delivery and attenuates angiogenesis gene expression in acute ischemic renal injury. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2006;29(3):165-74. Epub 2006 Aug 24.
- Foringer JR, Verani RR, Tjia VM, Finkel KW, Samuels J, Guntupalli JS. Acute renal failure secondary to imatinib mesylate treatment in prostate cancer. Ann Pharmacother. 2005 Dec;39(12):2136-8. Epub 2005 Nov 15.
- Samuels J, Franco K, Wan F, Sorof JM. Effect of stimulants on 24-h ambulatory blood pressure in children with ADHD: a double-blind, randomized, cross-over trial. Pediatr Nephrol. 2006 Jan;21(1):92-5. Epub 2005 Oct 28.
- Portman RJ, McNiece KL, Swinford RD, Braun MC, Samuels J. Pediatric hypertension: diagnosis, evaluation, management, and treatment for the primary care physician. Curr Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care. 2005 Aug;35(7):262-94.
- Tumlin JA, Finkel KW, Murray PT, Samuels J, Cotsonis G, Shaw AD. Fenoldopam mesylate in early acute tubular necrosis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Am J Kidney Dis. 2005 Jul;46(1):26-34.
- Samuels J, Finkel K, Gubert M, Johnson T, Shaw A. Effect of fenoldopam mesylate in critically ill patients at risk for acute renal failure is dose dependent. Ren Fail. 2005;27(1):101-5.
- Samuels J, Strippoli GF, Craig JC, Schena FP, Molony DA. Immunosuppressive treatments for immunoglobulin A nephropathy: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Nephrology (Carlton). 2004 Aug;9(4):177-85.
American Board of Pediatrics: General Pediatrics
American Board of Pediatrics: Pediatric Nephrology
American Board of Internal Medicine: Nephrology
American Board of Internal Medicine: Internal Medicine