Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Neurodevelopmental Disorders Specialty Clinic
With an increasing number of children being diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder, it’s important to find child psychiatry providers with extensive experience and skills in providing effective treatments and support to improve quality of life for these young individuals into adulthood.
The Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Neurodevelopmental Disorders Specialty clinic specializes in serving young children and adults, ranging from three to 45. Our mission is to provide clinical psychiatric assessments and recommendations for treatment of behavioral challenges such as irritability, aggression, repetitive behaviors, self-injurious behaviors, lack or poor social skills, and speech and communication difficulties. We also manage co-comorbid organic psychiatric diagnoses (ADHD, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorders, intellectual disabilities, along with others) as well as complex neuropsychiatric diagnoses of an autoimmune, infectious or inflammatory nature. High importance is placed on evidence-based treatment modalities and interdisciplinary care and collaboration between different sub-specialties. Ultimately, we hope to improve the lives of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders across the lifespan, by providing clinical diagnosis, treatment as well as connection to much needed community supports and resources available throughout the Texas region.
Questions our clinic can help answer include:
- Could there be an underlying genetic diagnosis?
- What therapeutic services (speech, physical, occupational) would best help my child and how do I access them?
- Could medications help my child?
- Are there other medical or psychiatric issues we should be concerned about?
- What behavioral therapies would be most helpful?
We collaborate with the following departments
- UTHealth Developmental Neuropsychology Clinic
- UTHealth Neurodevelopmental Neurology Clinic
- UTHealth C.L.A.S.S. Clinic
- UT Physicians Pediatric Center for Autism and Related Conditions
- UT Physicians Pediatric Specialists – Texas Medical Center
Our team also works closely with each child’s primary care provider and other specialists to make sure they are connected with needed services such as:
- Speech and language pathology
- Social work
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Gender and gender identity development experts
- Sleep medicine
- Pediatric gastroenterology
- Schools and educational support services
- Advocacy groups in the community
- Applied behavioral analysis therapy services
Schedule an appointment with the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Neurodevelopmental Disorders Specialty Clinic for comprehensive clinical psychiatric assessments and recommendations for individuals suspected and/or diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
UT Physicians Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic-BBSB
Behavioral and Biomedical Sciences Building (BBSB)
1941 East Road, Suite 2100
Houston, TX 77054
Meet our Team
Taiwo Babatope, MD MPH, MBA