The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences welcomes visitors who are not compensated by UTHealth and students who are not enrolled in UTHealth educational programs to participate in an approved collaborative or educational training for a specific period of time.
Prospective visitors may apply under one of the following five categories:
- Pre-Baccalaureate Trainees
- Professional Trainees
- Visiting Student Trainee
- Visiting Scientists
How to Apply
This process is only for the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. Applications must be submitted at least 6 weeks in advance of the desired start date.
- Prospective visitors must first secure faculty sponsorship and send their resume and areas of interests to our Special Educational Programs Coordinator.
- Our coordinator will review the application instructions with the applicant and help determine the appropriate category to apply under.
- Beginning with the first page of the application (not including the directions), the applicant must complete pages 1-4 and attach all supporting documentation.
- Once completed, the necessary documents must be forwarded to the coordinator for further processing.
Important Notice: A non-refundable application processing fee will be charged by the university to all Foreign Observers and Foreign Professional Trainees.
Special Educational Programs Coordinator
Behavioral and Biomedical Sciences Building
1941 East Road
Houston, TX 77054