Bipolar Disorder Clinic
Our team of psychiatrists is highly skilled and experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of bipolar disorder. Our clinicians, who are dedicated to improving the lives of those living with bipolar disorder, will work closely with each patient to develop personalized treatment plans.
Bipolar disorder, also known as manic-depressive illness, is a psychiatric condition that causes unusual shifts in mood state, sleep, energy, activity levels, and the ability to carry out day-to-day tasks. It alternates periods of extremely “up,” elated and energized behavior (manic or hypomanic episodes) with very sad, “down,” or hopeless periods (depressive episodes). Research indicates that bipolar disorder may be difficult to identify. Since the effective treatment of a patient with bipolar disorder is usually quite different from the treatment of non-bipolar depression and other mental health problems, we strive to provide the most accurate possible diagnostic assessment, with the ultimate goal of offering the appropriate treatments. Early intervention has been demonstrated to be more effective and to improve the prognosis of bipolar disorder.
- Comprehensive diagnostic assessment
- Individualized pharmacological treatment
- Combined pharmacological and psychotherapy treatment
- Second opinion assessments
- Other treatment options, such as ECT and vagus nerve stimulation, considered on a case-by-case basis
- Opportunities for participation in clinical research studies and clinical trials of novel potential treatments
Patient Forms* (to be filled out prior to your appointment)
*Please contact our clinic at 713-486-2500 for ID numbers
Meet our Team: