Causes & Symptoms
What causes varicose & spider veins?
The exact cause of varicose and spider veins is unknown, though research has suggested that genetics, obesity, hormones, a history of blood clots, and occupations that require a lot of standing contribute to the severity of the condition.
- Visible discoloration and/or bulging veins
- Achey or heavy feeling in the problem area, commonly the legs
- Burning, throbbing, muscle cramping and swelling
- Worsened pain after sitting or standing for a long time
- Itching around one or more of your veins
- mild, dull discomfort or burning sensation