Criteria and Process Selection
All required clinical education for entry into Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical School-accredited Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship Program must be completed in
- an ACGME-accredited Family Medicine Residency Program, or
- an Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)-accredited or
- an College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)-accredited Family Medicine Residency Program located in Canada.
Only Family Medicine Residents will be considered for this PCSM Fellowship Program.
Fellow applicants shall be reviewed and accepted on the following talents:
- Academic Credentials
- Commitment to Sports Medicine
- Performance in Medical School and Residency
- Preparedness for the Specialty of Sports Medicine
Important intangibles which are fundamental to the selection process include:
- Communication Skills
- Work Ethic
- Will be reviewed
- Will be selected for virtual interview
- A phone call appointment
- Email send with an agenda
Faculty members of the Fellowship Selection Committee will interview virtually and complete an Applicant Evaluation Form for each applicant. Interviewees will be ranked by the selection committee.
The Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship Program does not discriminate with regard to age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, or veteran status.