Ear Wax Outline
- No symptoms most common
- Hearing loss
- Ear pain
- Blocked ear
Most commonly seen on routine examination with the patient unaware of having wax in the ear canal.
- Brown to black colored wax
- Unable to see ear drum behind the wax
Being unable to see the ear drum because of wax can be very frustrating for the examiner.
- Conductive hearing loss
- Flat tympanogram (type B )
- Over the counter drops to soften the wax
- Syringing out the wax with water by a doctor
- Suctioning out the wax by a doctor
If one can not see the eardrum and simple methods don’t improve the condition, then the person should see the doctor.