The subspecialty training program in Pediatric Infectious Diseases is designed to provide advanced training and experience to acquire the knowledge, clinical and research experience, needed by a consultant to provide optimal care and consultation to pediatric patients with infectious diseases. The emphasis of our program is to train physicians to pursue all three of these areas preparing the trainee for a career in academic medicine. The teaching environment and educational experiences for trainees, detailed below, will equip them to become strong clinicians, educators, and investigators.
How to Apply
Our three-year fellowship seeks physicians who will have completed two to three years of training in an accredited residency program to qualify for the American Board of Pediatrics certifying examination. Our fellowship program participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). Physicians interested in our Pediatric Infectious Disease fellowship training program should review the program application requirements and submit the application through ERAS.
Program Application Requirements
- Personal statement
- Official medical school transcript
- Medical School Dean’s letter or Medical School Performance Evaluation
- Three letters of recommendations: one must be from your Residency Program Director, scanned and uploaded into ERAS.
- USMLE transcript
- Pediatric residency completed in US or Canada before beginning fellowship
International Medical Graduates
- The only sponsored training visa is the J-1 visa. We do not work with or sponsor any other visas. IMPORTANT: You must have a valid ECFMG certificate before applying to our fellowship program.
- Required Document List: If you are asked to interview, two certified notarized copies (with notary stamp and signature on every page) will be reviewed by our fellowship coordinator on your interview day, following a check-list provided by our GME Office. Should you match with our program, one complete set of certified notarized copies will be forwarded to our GME Office to work-up your fellowship contract and orientation packet and the other copy will stay in our fellowship office file.
Norma Perez, DO
Fellowship Program Director
Kim Maxcey, MBA