The search for research funding sources can often be an arduous task. While it is important to remember that the National Science Foundation, and the National Institutes of Health represent well known and obvious sources of funding, many other foundation awards exist that may provide suitable research grants. McGovern Medical School Office of Research Affairs in conjunction with the Office of Academic and Research Affairs, the Sponsored Projects Administration and the Office of Strategic Industry Initiatives receive numerous limited submission and project specific requests for proposals each year. The following links lead to a variety of resources and web sites dedicated to listing research grant funding opportunities.
In addition, Influuent, a directory of faculty research expertise within our six schools, is available for collaborative research purposes. Explore the profiles, publications, and sponsored research programs of the thousands of scholars within UTHealth. Inside UTHealth also regularly posts funding opportunities.
- Health Research Funding Database
- American Lung Association Research Awards and Grants
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Freedom to Discover Grants and Awards
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund Awards
- Dana Program Awards
- Doris Duke Charitable Foundation Awards
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Searle Scholars Program
- Norman Hackerman Award in Chemical Research
- Prince Mahidol Award
- Harrington Prize for Innovation in Medicine