Am I Eligible
Who is Eligible?
- Pregnant Women
- Breastfeeding Women
- Postpartum Women
- Children younger than 5 years old
If you are on Medicaid, TANF, or SNAP, you meet the income eligibility guidelines for WIC. If you don’t qualify for these programs, you may still qualify for WIC by meeting the income guidelines for your household.
You must live in Texas. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen to be part of the WIC program. Apply in person to learn if you are eligible. Click here to find a WIC office near you and make an appointment.
Your WIC appointment includes a visit with a nutrition expert to help determine your eligibility. WIC will measure, weigh and check the iron level of each family member applying for WIC and answer any questions you may have about health and nutrition.
Documentation needed at time of application
- Identification (Driver’s License, Military ID, Student ID, etc.)
- If receiving Medicaid, TANF, or Food Stamps, bring proof of participation
- Proof of income(i.e. check stubs, current tax return, letter from employer, child support check, etc.) for all household members during the month 30 days prior to the date of the application
- Proof of residency (utility bill, rent receipt, lease agreement, credit card bill, etc.)
- Your child’s immunization records
|Number of Household Members*||Gross Yearly Household Income**|
|1||$0 up to $22,459|
|2||$0 up to $30,451|
|3||$0 up to $38,443|
|4||$0 up to $46,435|
|5||$0 up to $54,427|
|6||$0 up to $62,419|