Whether you’re sure you want to breastfeed or still deciding, know that WIC is here to help you and your baby. We are available to answer any questions you may have and help with any breastfeeding challenges you may face. This section includes information about how the WIC Program can help you reach your personal breastfeeding goals!
- No one knows the joys, advantages and challenges of breastfeeding better than a mom who’s been there. That’s why we employ WIC moms who have breastfed to join us in providing new mothers with breastfeeding encouragement and support.
- Don’t you wish babies came with an instruction manual? No worries! That’s why we offer breastfeeding education, including group and online classes and individual counseling, to help you understand and meet your baby’s individual needs.
- Breastfeeding mothers are eligible to participate in WIC longer than non-breastfeeding mothers. WIC gives mothers who exclusively breastfeed more food for themselves and their babies.
- Breast pumps are available to moms who need help in building or maintaining their milk supply or who must be separated from their babies for any reason.
- If you’re facing breastfeeding challenges, let the experts at the Lactation Foundation help you and your baby! The services of the International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) and Registered Nurses on staff are available at no cost to you!