Rates & Fees
The McGovern Medical School publicly shared space is available for use upon advance reservation and subject to availability as confirmed by Conference Operations.
Discounted UTHealth Rates apply for any UTHealth faculty member, employee, student, university-registered or university-recognized organization. Guest Rates apply to events which are organized by or involve a non-UTHealth entity.
In accordance to HOOP Policy 11 – Use of University Facilities and HOOP Policy 211 – Special Use Facilities, events held on UTHealth properties are subject to various fees including but not limited to Housekeeping, Tech Support, Security, TULIP Insurance, etc… Invoices are created and include an Administrative Fee as outlined below.
With your event details, Auxiliary Enterprises will calculate fees for your particular event. Please note that all reservations for space, equipment, supplies and services are taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Since multiple events may take place at the McGovern Medical School and across UTHealth campuses simultaneously, no item or service can be guaranteed without advance reservation.
Room Usage Rates:
Priority in the reservation and use of Special Use Facilities shall be given to programs and activities of the university that are in furtherance of and related to the educational, research, outreach, service, cultural, and recreational programs of the university. As a lower priority, individuals, groups, associations, or corporations, without the necessity of joint sponsorship by the university, may reserve and use Special Use Facilities provided that the activity is consistent with the university’s mission, is approved by the President or designee, and conforms to the requirements in HOOP Policy 211 – Special Use Facilities.
Rates for room fees may be charged for the use that, at a minimum, ensure recovery of that part of the operating cost of the facility attributable directly or indirectly to use of specific event. Regular Rates apply for events held between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Extended hourly rates apply for all hours outside of that range, including all weekend hours.
An administrative fee will be applied to each invoice.
Invoice Total Admin Fee
Up to $75.00 = $10.00
$75.01 to $200.00 = $25.00
$200.01 to $1,000.00 = $50.00
Over $1,000.00 = $100.00
Table/Chair/Poster Board Setup Rates:
Including but not limited to: Gallery Setups not returned to NORMAL setup, table setups not requested via Housekeeping Services, MSB Lobby not returned to NORMAL setup, and borrowed tables not returned as directed by Conference Operations.
Fees may be attached to events requiring furniture setups. No fees will apply to the ‘Normal Setup’ options unless furniture is moved without permission and needs to be returned to the ‘Normal Setup’ arrangement. With prior approval from Conference Operations, some setups may be managed by the event coordinator in lieu of fees. If the customer does not follow the the setup policies and procedures, the department may be charged up to $500 in setup/teardown fees when Conference Operations’ staff are used to complete the setup/teardown.
Events requiring special setups or the use of poster boards do require the use of a vendor to provide these services. UTHealth Housekeeping Services provides the lowest pricing for setup rates. Below is a list of setup options. Click on each setup title to view a diagram and Housekeeping Services’ fees to select your choice. Include the setup selection in your Room Reservation request(s).
McGovern Medical School offers 24 – 4’x6’ double-sided poster boards on wheels. Please send the total number of poster boards to be reserved to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than two weeks prior to the event.
Request for table, chair and/or poster boards will need to be made at least two weeks prior to the event date to enable time to schedule setup crew.
- MSB G.000 (Leather Lounge)
- MSB 5.001 (Gallery)
AV (Audio Visual) and/or IV (Interactive Video) Technical Support Rates:
Request for technical support needs to be made at least two weeks prior to the event date to enable time to confirm a technician’s availability. Fees may be attached to events requiring Technical Support. Normal business hours for the Conference Operations department are 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday during UTHealth regular business days of operation.
- No charge – (UTHealth ONLY) Schedule a training session for yourself or someone involved in the event to meet with an AV technician prior to the event during regular business hours. Our technician will train on the basic use of audiovisual equipment for the room.
- Weekday Regular hours Fees – Minimum charge of one hour ($50 per hour) per AV/IV Technician plus Administrative Fee (Based on Total Invoice – see above for Administrative Fee). A chart-field string or account number will be required prior to event for UTHealth. For AV/IV Technician to remain in room during an event taking place from 8:00am -5:00pm Monday through Friday, the Weekday Regular hours fees may be invoiced.
- Weekday After hours Fees – Minimum charge of two hours ($50 per hour) per AV/IV Technician plus Administrative Fee (Based on Total Invoice – see above for Administrative Fee). A chart-field string or account number will be required prior to event for UTHealth. After hour charges start at 5:00pm on the day of the event taking place Monday through Friday.
- Weekend Hours Fees – Minimum charge of four hours ($50 per hour) per AV Technician plus an Administrative Fee (Based on Total Invoice – see above for Administrative Fee). A chart-field string or account number will be required prior to event for UTHealth.
Housekeeping cleans UTHealth facilities each week night including publicly shared areas. Larger events serving food/drinks or held on weekends may need to hire Housekeeping to prepare room(s), bathroom(s), etc… for Monday morning events.
Security Services Rates:
Security Services are available through UT Police for all events, and are mandatory for any event where alcohol will be served. Call UT Police at 713.792.2890 to arrange for security.
TULIP Insurance Rates:
**Note that the purchase of TULIP coverage is only needed if a tenant user cannot provide their own liability coverage naming The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System and UTHealth as an additional insured. **
When do you need to purchase a TULIP?
1. A UTHealth student organization has a function with alcohol where there are only UTHealth people—-No TULIP needed, no alcohol premium needed as we now have an overarching liquor liability policy
2. A UTHealth student organization has a function with alcohol where there are UTHealth people and Baylor people—we will need a TULIP plus Alcohol Premium if and only if they are selling alcohol
3. Another organization wants to use our facilities with alcohol but they have an insurance certificate that names UTHealth as additional insured—no TULIP needed
4. Another organization wants to use our facilities for a function with alcohol and they don’t have an insurance certificate—we will need a TULIP plus Alcohol Premium if and only if they are selling alcohol
5. Another organization wants to use our facilities for a function without alcohol and they don’t have an insurance certificate—we will need a TULIP
TULIP & Alcohol Premium Rates:
# of people TULIP + Alcohol Premium
1-100 $83 $83
101-500 $109 $203
501+ $164 $284
These rates are for 1-4 day events.
How do I request a TULIP? Contact Bryan.C.Evans@uth.tmc.edu
What info does Bryan need?
- Name of the event
- Date of the event
- How many people
- How many days
- Location of the event
- Type of event (party, game, meeting, etc.)
- Name of the group
- Mailing address of the group
What does the insured get in return? They get an insurance certificate stating the coverage
How long does it take to get covered? As soon as I send in the information to the carrier the coverage is said to be bound
How long does it take to get the certificate? Approx. 7-10 business days
How will the billing process work? When Bryan gets billed from UT System he will then ask for a chart field string from departments that have purchased TUILPS in the preceding quarter
Will the TULIP process and/or coverage change? Unfortunately, it probably will at some point