Welcome to Interview Season!
Applications to the Internal Medicine and Medicine/Pediatrics residency training programs will only be accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Paper applications will not be considered. Applicant must include letters of recommendation (LoR) from your medicine chair (AND Pediatrics chair for Medicine/Pediatrics applicants) plus two other letters from full time members of faculty, one of whom supervised you on a clinical rotation. UPPER LEVEL applicants must send a LoR from your program director plus the two other letters.
- Applications are only accepted through ERAS. Please do not mail, fax or email any information, it will not be incorporated into your file.
- Deadline for submitting your application is December 31
- We only sponsor J-1 visas. We cannot sponsor H-1b visas.
- All applicants must take the USMLE. We do not accept COMLEX as your only exam. All applicants should take both portions of the USMLE Part 2 by December 31st
- You must have a letter from the Dean of your Medical School and a letter from your department Chairman or designate. A letter from the Vice-Chair for Education or the Clerkship Director is acceptable.
- International Graduates should have at least 3 months of US clinical experience, which includes observerships.
- The program participates in the couples match.
- There is no minimum score on USMLE, but we require a pass on the first attempt of all steps.
- Medical school graduate within the past 5 years.
- If your application is selected for an invitation to interview, you will be contacted via email through Interview Broker. All applications submitted through ERAS will be reviewed.
- Document requirements for International Medical Graduates may be found here. Please do not bring your documents until the Interview Day.
If you have any additional questions, you may email Melanie.J.Carver@uth.tmc.edu for more information.
We offer the following programs:
Internal Medicine (ACGME Accreditation # 140-48-31-423):
Categorical NRMP Program Code: 2923140C0
Preliminary NRMP Program Code: 2923140P0