Make a Referral to the Lactation Foundation
Make a Referral
Healthcare professionals can make a referral to the Lactation Foundation in three different ways.
Feel free to use your own referral form or use the Lactation Foundation’s Lactation Consultant Referral Form.
Reasons to Refer to a Lactation Consultant
- Prenatal breastfeeding consultation
- Premature infants
- Infants experiencing difficulty in feeding at the breast
- Infants with low or slow weight gain
- Infants with congenital anomalies
- Mothers with breast/nipple pain during breastfeeding
- Mothers with insufficient milk supply
- Mothers with questions about breastfeeding
- Any factors that increase risk of breastfeeding difficulty
For our location and hours of operation, please click here.