Our eight positions are filled through the National Residency Matching Program. Applicants to our program must be registered through the NRMP and are required to use the Electronic Residency Application Service. We do not process paper applications. For ERAS application materials, contact the Student Affairs’ office or Dean’s office at your Medical School.
The requirements for application to Internal Medicine/Pediatrics include:
- Deadline for submitting your application is December 31
- We only sponsor J-1 Visas
- Our program participates in couples matching
- Curriculum Vitae (as generated by ERAS)
- Personal Statement, a brief summary on your interest in Medicine/Pediatrics and academic goals during residency
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (Dean’s Letter)
- USMLE Step 1 is required at the time of the interview; Step 2 is required prior to internship initiation; There is no minimum requirement but we do require a pass on the first attempt of all steps.
(All DO applicants must take the USMLE. We do not accept COMLEX as your only exam.)
- Three Letters of Recommendation from Medical School Faculty, preferably one from each department
- Medical school graduate within the past 5 years
International Graduates should have at least 3 months of US clinical experience, which includes observerships.
Document requirements for International Medical Graduates may be found here.
Interviews are scheduled from November through January. Upon receipt of your ERAS application you will be informed if any additional information is needed. Invitations for interviews will be sent via ERAS to applicants who have a reasonable chance of acceptance. This year our interviews will be done online via WebEx. Individual interviews and group sessions will be held between the hours of 7:00 am to 1:00 pm CST.