Under the direction of Program Director Dr. Sasha Adams, we evaluate several hundred completed applications each year from graduates of medical schools all across the United States (and elsewhere) to work with our large, dedicated and extremely capable faculty who bring with them national and international reputations for their expertise in most of the areas which constitute general surgery. Resident and faculty work together to help every trainee to design a course of study to best meet their future needs.
Combined with the wealth of optional research opportunities available to our residents, we have been successful at placing our recent graduates into highly competitive specialty fellowships, solo rural practice, and every other conceivable position. Come help us create the next chapter of surgical history at McGovern Medical School.
2021-2022 Interview Dates
Interview dates TBA. All will be virtual this year due to COVID-19.
** Applications are reviewed daily; please do not call to check the status of your application. Should you be selected to interview, we will notify you by email.
- Applications are only accepted through ERAS. Please do not mail, fax or email any information unless asked to do so.
- All applicants must meet the minimum requirements for General Surgery Residency as outlined by the ACGME.
- We require 3 letters of recommendation, 1 being a Program Director/Chairman letter.
- The McGovern Medical School only sponsors J-1 Visas.
- International Medical Graduates
- You must have a valid ECFMG certificate before applying to our program.
- Required Document List: If you are asked to interview and if you later match with our program, our program coordinator will instruct you how to handle the GME Required Documents list.