- Sub I
- Juniors Elective Clerkship
Ms 1-2 Experiences
- Summer Research Program
- Plastic Surgery Summer Enrichment Program Curriculum
**All are welcome to
- Shadowing by request
- Weekly research meetings
- Journal club with division by request
- Grand rounds, resident education conferences
Resources for Students
The division conducts a weekly research meeting attended by residents, research fellows, students, and attendings to monitor progress on ongoing projects.
How to apply for a visiting sub-internship. We are accepting students for this program starting July 1st.
- Register and apply through the AAMC Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO) program. Our institution is listed under “McGovern Medical School”
- Read about course descriptions offered at McGovern Medical School. The plastic surgery elective is under the “Surgery” tab, Course # is SURG 4013 for plastic surgery.
Externship in Plastic Surgery Scholarship
The scholarship is designed to provide an opportunity for MS4 students from underrepresented groups to spend a 4-week clinical rotation with the Department of Plastic Surgery at the UTHealth Houston Division of Adult and Pediatric Plastic Surgery during their final medical school year.
The goal of this scholarship is to provide an intense exposure to all aspects of clinical Plastic Surgery at the UT Houston Division of Adult and Pediatric Plastic Surgery, facilitate appropriate networking opportunities and help with career planning. Currently, there is one scholarship awarded each academic year.
To be considered for a scholarship, the student must be a member of a population that is underrepresented in Plastic Surgery; i.e. African American/Black, American Indian, Native Hawaiian, Alaska Native and/or Hispanic/Latino; First Generation Low Income.
Medical students must be in good standing at a United States medical school and be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident to apply for this scholarship.
Application Period and Decision
Applications are due at least 3 months prior to the earliest requested rotation. Scholarship decisions will be made within 30 days of receiving a completed scholarship application.
Questions and Application Submission
All application materials should be sent to Samone Boyd.
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae, including contact information
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Medical School Transcript
- Have you ever been subject to review, challenges, and/or disciplinary action, formal or informal, by an ethics committee, licensing board, medical disciplinary board, professional association, or an Educational/training institution? If yes, please provide additional documentation.
- Whether you identify as first generation low income, LGBTQIA+, your gender, and your race/ethnicity.