Skip to main content
Completed Clinical Trials
- Lymphatic Contribution to Progressive Peripheral Vascular Disease and Ulceration
Status: Active & Enrolling
Synopsis: Synopsis: To determine the association if any between early stage lower extremity venous reflux or peripheral arterial disease with lymphatic disease.
- LEOPARD: Multicenter, Observational, Post-Market, Real-World Study to Assess Outcomes of Patients Treated with the AFX® System Compared to other EVAR Devices for Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair LEOPARD: Looking at EVAR Outcomes by Primary Analysis of Randomized Data.
Status: Active, Not Enrolling
Synopsis: The objective of this post-market multicenter randomized observational study is to evaluate Endologix AFX endovascular AAA system with anatomical fixation against other approved Endovascular systems with proximal fixation.
- PAIN (Postoperative Analgesia INvestigation)
Synopsis: A randomized controlled trial evaluating efficacy of local anesthetics in managing perioperative pain
- Plasma DNA Study
Synopsis: This study evaluates plasma DNA in patients with thoracic malignancies and with visceral malperfusion
- IVC Filter Retrieval Program
Synopsis: A prospective research and quality improvement project analyzing the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of a dedicated IVC filter retrieval team
- SAPPHIRE (Stenting and Angioplasty with Protection in Patients at High Risk for Endarterectomy)
Synopsis: This study tracks outcomes in patients after carotid artery angioplasty and stenting
- Medtronic DISSECTION Trial
Synopsis: Evaluation of the Medtronic Valiant Thoracic Stent-Graft for acute complicated type B aortic dissection
- Medtronic RESCUE Trial
Synopsis: Evaluation of Medtronic Valiant Thoracic Stent-Graft for Traumatic Aortic Injury
- Plasma DNA in Organ Malperfusion
Synopsis: Evaluating plasma DNA in patients who develop organ malperfusion syndrome after surgical repair for aortic aneurysm or dissection
- Figure 8 study (Multi-Center Prospective Study to Demonstrate the Usability, Safety and Efficacy of the Figure 8 Surgical Sternotomy Closure Device)
Synopsis: The purpose of this study is to demonstrate the Figure 8 Surgical Sternotomy Closure Device is safe, effective and easy to use for closing the sternum after a heart or lung surgical procedure.
- PRICE (Propaten Randomized Investigation on Cost-benefit and Efficacy)
Synopsis: A randomized controlled trial to evaluate the efficacy of anticoagulant bonded hemodialysis arteriovenous grafts
- Gore CTAG Aneurysm Trial
Synopsis: Evaluation of the Gore CTAG Endoprosthesis for descending thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Gore CTAG Trauma
Synopsis: Evaluation of the Gore CTAG Endoprosthesis for traumatic aortic injury
Synopsis: Pivotal Study of the Safety and Effectiveness of Autologous Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate (BMAC) for the treatment of Critical Limb Ischemia due to Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease
- Specialized Center for Clinically-Oriented Research in Aortic DiseasesWe are actively involved in the NIH-funded specialized center grant (SCCOR) in collaboration with Dr. Dianna Milewicz in the Department of Medicine. Drs. Safi and Estrera are co-investigators on the main clinical project, and Dr. Miller is Principal Investigator of the Biostatistics core. This project has total direct costs of approximately $6 million and is already producing major findings such as those reported recently in Nature Genetics.