Our program is heavily subscribed and we reserve the right to limit our review of applications that meet the following criteria only:
- Must pass each step of the USMLE or COMLEX within 3 attempts
- Medical school transcript
- Requirements that meet the Texas Medical Board for licensing in the State of Texas
- Complete application using the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- A minimum of three references. One must be from a Primary Care physician
- Must be prepared to do a three (3) year residency in training categorical program
- Strongly prefer graduation within the last (5) years
- USMLE transcripts are required
- US Medical School Graduates: Part I transcript is required with application submission with the understanding that Part II transcript is required by the time of match
- International Medical School Graduates: Part I and Part II of the USMLE transcripts are required with application
- Foreign medical graduates must be ECFMG certified prior to being ranked.
Other Important Information
Our program is a 12-12-12 Family Medicine Residency Program. We will be filling 12-PGY1 openings for the upcoming academic year.
All applicants must register through ERAS and NRMP and comply with all the required documentation for submission of their application. We do not match outside of ERAS and will not conduct interviews outside of the ERAS program.
We accept applications from international medical graduates (IMG) who are permanent U.S. citizens or have ECFMG sponsored J-1 visas. We do not take H-1B visa.
We do not offer observerships or clinical externships to applicants.
Our program interviews in October, November and December on selected Mondays. While our applicants are here we host a dinner on the Sunday prior to the interview day. Interviews consist of faculty and resident interviews, a tour, and breakfast and lunch with the residents.
**If candidates are not selected for an interview they will not be contacted. This is due to the high volume of qualified residency applications that our program receives. We are unable to respond to every candidate.