Dean’s Research Scholarship Awards
The Dean of McGovern Medical School at UTHealth has provided for up to ten $1,500 scholarships to recognize post candidacy GSBS students in good academic standing, who have achieved distinction in biomedical research. The deadline to submit applications is June 6, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Eligibility: This award is open to GSBS students with advisors who are members of McGovern Medical School Faculty.
- These $1,500 scholarships are considered supplements to the standard GRA stipend.
- Students must have successfully advanced to Ph.D. candidacy prior to the application deadline (June 6, 2018).
- Students must not have received this award in prior years.
- The McGovern Medical School Graduate Student Education Committee (GSEC) will review the applications and select the awardees.
- Winners are required to give a 10-minute research presentation at the Dean’s Research Awards scheduled for September 2018. Winners will also be announced at the annual McGovern Medical School Research Retreat on October 9, 2018.
Download Application and Instructions: DRSA4.3.18
Contact Kimberly Campbell, Office of Research Affairs at McGovern Medical School at UTHealth, MSB 7.164, via email or telephone, 713.500.5605.