In keeping with our mission to contribute to the long range professional development of the student, the Graduate Student Education Committee will award up to 20 travel awards per year to help defray the costs of attending conferences for both pre and post candidacy GSBS students. It is the belief of the GSEC that presenting research at academic conferences enhances the academic experience and assists the student with invaluable networking opportunities essential to future success. These competitive awards will be made available to students who have been invited to present papers at a national or international conference, meeting or class related to their academic area or dissertation research. These awards are not intended to cover the entire cost of transportation, hotel, etc. Students may apply for travel assistance only once per semester.
- Reimbursements of up to $750 in travel assistance will be awarded to students based on merit
- Applications must be submitted at least one month prior to the travel date.
- Preference will be given to students attending professional conferences over those attending student conferences.
Important Note: Before submitting this travel award application, please submit a Cost Containment Approval and Exception (CCAE) Form. Your department administrator will be able to assist with the following requirements.
- In the chartfield section enter the GSEC chartfield. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- In the justification section, explain that you will apply for a GSEC sponsored travel award for up to $750 pending approval of the CCAE. Also, explain that the majority of your travel expenses will be paid from another source and enter that chartfield string.
- Once approved, please submit a travel authorization form.
- Then proceed with submitting the GSEC Travel Award Application found below: