If you have symptoms of or have been diagnosed with COVID-19, the following steps will help to avoid passing the infection to your infant:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before touching your infant.
- Wear a face mask while breastfeeding (if possible).
- Wash your hands thoroughly before touching any breast pump or bottle parts. Clean all pump and bottle parts after each use.
- Disinfect surfaces prior to and after assembling/disassembling pump and bottle parts.
Updates regarding the Lactation Foundation and COVID-19:
- Currently, we remain open according to the schedule found here.
- We are seeing patients for in-person consultations.
- Consults are also offered via our secure telehealth system.
- Our in-person support group will not meet until further notice. Please monitor this page for updates.
- If you are a support group attendee with questions or concerns, please call our office at 713-500-2800, option 1.
- Our Breastfeeding Basics & Returning-to-Work/Pumping classes will meet online via Webex video conferencing. Please register here.
- Please continue to monitor this page for updates.
COVID-19 and Breastfeeding Resources:
Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine Statement on COVID-19
International Lactation Consultant Association Resources for Skilled Lactation Providers on COVID-19
United States Lactation Consultant Association COVID-19 and Breastfeeding