Skip to main content
Papers & Presentations
- Villarreal, S. S., Nash, W., & Cole, T. R. (2016). Nurturing the healers: A unique program to support residents. Journal of Graduate Medical Education, 8(4), 498-499.
- Lunstroth, R. B., & Villarreal, S. S. (2016, February). The Sacred Vocation Program: Nurturing the caregiver. Paper presented at the 2016 Innovations in Health Science Education Annual Conference, Austin, TX.
- Lunstroth, R. B., Villarreal, S. S., Deegan, E., Evelyn, S., & Foose, D. S. (2015, March). The Sacred Vocation Program: Nurturing the healers. Panel presented at the Conference on Religion and Medicine, Houston, TX.
- Villarreal, S. S., Kenaa, B., Salahudeen, A., & Dass, S. (2015, October). Nurturing healers: A unique program encouraging reflection among residents. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities, Houston, TX.
- Williams, O. (2015, August). Sacred Vocation Program reinforces hospital system’s ideals. The Baptist Standard. Retrieved from https://www.baptiststandard.com/news/texas/sacred-vocation-program-reinforces-hospital-system-s-faith-based-ideals/
- Lunstroth, R. B. (2014). Sacred vocation program for professionals. Presentation at the annual meeting of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
- Karff, S. E. (2009). Recognizing the mind/body/spirit connection in medical care. American Medical Association Journal of Ethics, 11(10), 788-792.
- Raine, M. (2006). Sacred Vocation Program in a place of healing. UT Distinctions.
- Raine, M. (2006). The power to sustain hope or destroy hope. UT Distinctions.
- Baylor University Medical Center. (2006). Graduates speak out about sacred vocation training. Excellence in Action, 2.
- Baptist Leader. (2002). Rabbi Karff urges health care professionals to look for meaning: Presentation explores the connection between spirituality and medicine. Baptist Online.
- Villanueva, L. S., Schmidt, L. L., Amick, B. C., Karff, S. E., Gakovic, A., & Toney-Podratz, L. (2003, August). Sacred vocation: Developing meaningful work through a participatory change process. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Seattle, WA.