The Center for Surgical Trials and Evidence-based Practice (C-STEP) at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is a multi-disciplinary program designed to advance evidence-based practice in surgery by providing young faculty and surgical trainees with formal training in clinical research, mentorship, resources, and funding to perform high quality research.
The goals of C-STEP are:
- To foster and develop surgical faculty, staff, and trainees (including medical students) interested in clinical research.
- To advance the surgical evidence base and its application in clinical practice.
C-STEP provides program to medical students, surgical residents, and young surgical faculty including:
- Fellowship in Clinical Research
- Advanced Degree Programs
- Focused Research in Surgery for Medical Students
- Clinical Research Lecture Series
- Clinical Research Roundtables
- Pilot Grant Programs
- Surgical Journal Club
- Clinical Research Symposia
- Research Network