Megan Long, MD
- Assistant Professor, Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Megan Long, M.D. FAAP completed her pediatric residency at Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx. Prior to fellowship, she worked with Westchester Health Associates in a family sports medicine clinic, as well as in the Harlem Pediatric ED where she was an affiliated Assistant Professor at Columbia University. She completed her Pediatric Emergency Medicine fellowship at McGovern Medical School at UTHealth. Dr. Long enjoys teaching all levels of learners from medical students to fellows, takes pride in empathizing with parents and families, and loves the pediatric ED. When not in the ED, she stays active with her 3 daughters, baking and scrapbooking hobbies, and amateur Ironman and endurance sports.
- Medical School
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Pediatrics Residency
- Jacobi Medical Center
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship
- McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
Areas of Interests
Trauma, Medical Education, Quality Improvement, Sports Medicine, International and Wilderness Medicine
Trauma, Pediatric Trauma, Pediatric Migraine, Medical Education
Pediatric Migraine randomized-control trial pending IRB approval, Neonatal Resuscitation Education for EM residents, Pediatric FAST exam and blunt abdominal trauma pending publication, Pediatric FAST exam and penetrating trauma
- Dizziness and Muscle Cramping in a 13-year-old Basketball Player. Long MK, Romo N. American Medical Society for Sports Medicine Annual Meeting, 2015, Abstract Poster Presentation.
- Vitamin D and TFTs in Obese Youth. Long MK, Zhou P, Gold JM, Lam L, Markowitz M. Endocrine Society Annual Meeting, 2012, Abstract Poster Presentation.
- Case Series of Adolescents With Stroke-Like Symptoms Following Head Trauma. Long MK, Espejo OA, Ugalde IT. J Emerg Med. 2019 Feb 26.
- Retrospective Analysis of Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma (FAST) and Emergent Intervention in Children with Blunt Abdominal Trauma. Long MK, Cobra MK, Vega Parra PD, Cardenas-Turanzas ML, Miller S, Bonnette A, Ugalde IT, Allukian M, Smith HE. Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting, 2020. Abstract accepted for PAS Poster Presentation.
- Optimizing Emergency Management to Reduce Morbidity and Mortality in Pediatric Burn Patients. Fairbrother H, Long MK, Haines E. Pediatr Emerg Med Pract. 2020 Jun 15;17(Suppl 6-2):1-51.