Why McGovern Medical School?
Here are a few highlights:
- Busiest Level I Trauma Center in the United States
- Busiest Level III County Hospital in Texas and highest volume Emergency Center in Houston
- 8 separate ICUs, 45% admission rate, 10% critical care admission rate
- 25 months of core emergency medicine rotations
- State-of-the-art Simulation Lab
- High-volume of critical procedures in the ED
- Memorial Hermann LifeFlight EMS—busiest non-militarized heliport in the Western Hemisphere
- Multidisciplinary research in trauma resuscitation, prehospital thrombolytics, interventional therapy for acute stroke, emergency ultrasound, education, and many more
- EMS experience with Houston Fire Department (largest accredited municipal fire agency in the world)
- Extensive pediatric exposure with both integrated and dedicated Pediatric ED experience
- Award winning faculty from around the country with advanced training and degrees
- Runnell’s Grand Rounds, lecture series featuring nationally renowned speakers
- Embedded in one of the nation’s most diverse cities teeming with great cuisine, art, and culture
For more in depth information, please check out our FAQs.
Ask A Resident
Please feel free to ask a resident. Our chief residents are more than happy to help you navigate the interview dinner/day or answer any other questions you have.