Applications to the EM Residency Program are submitted only through ERAS.
We stop accepting new applications on November 15th, although it is recommended that you submit applications by October 1st in order to receive full consideration. Interviews are by invitation only.
Interviews are conducted early-November through mid-January.
- An M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy, or a Medical Student Performance Evaluation (Dean’s letter) confirming the expected degree within the academic year.
- A passing score on Step 1 of the USMLE or COMLEX.
- A minimum of three references. Two should be from Emergency Medicine physicians, preferably from Emergency Medicine residency programs on Standard Letter of Evaluation (SLOE) forms.
- A reference letter from the Program Director for those candidates presently or previously enrolled in a graduate medical education program.
- A Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE).
- Medical school transcript.
- Requirements that meet those of the Texas Medical Board for licensing in the State of Texas.
- A complete application using the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Available Positions: 20 per year
Start Date: July 1
Program Type: PGY 1-3
Due to a large number of applications and the limited time available for interviewing, applications will be screened by the Residency Director, Associate/Assistant Residency Directors, and selected EM Faculty. The entire application will be reviewed including licensing exam score(s), letters of recommendations, transcripts, MSPEs, personal statements, and information contained in ERAS.
The program will not discriminate with regard to sex, race, sexual orientation, religion, race, nationality, disability or veteran status.
Applicants who have completed or currently are enrolled in an approved GME program may have funding limitations that will be considered on a case by case basis.