General Nephrology rotations take place at both Memorial Hermann Hospital and LBJ Hospital. On these rotations fellows serve as consultants for an array or renal related issues. Given the diverse patient population there is an emphasis on glomerulonephritis, care for the underserved in addition to general AKI, CKD and ESRD management.
- Cinacalcet but not vitamin D use modulates the survival benefit associated with sevelamer in the INDEPENDENT study.
Bellasi A, Cozzolino M, Russo D, Molony D, Di Iorio B. Clin Nephrol. 2016 Sep;86(9):113-24.
- Immunosuppressive agents for treating IgA nephropathy.
Vecchio M, Bonerba B, Palmer SC, Craig JC, Ruospo M, Samuels JA, Molony DA, Schena FP, Strippoli GF. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015 Aug 3;(8):CD003965.
- Sevelamer versus calcium carbonate in incident hemodialysis patients: results of an open-label 24-month randomized clinical trial.
Di Iorio B, Molony D, Bell C, Cucciniello E, Bellizzi V, Russo D, Bellasi A; INDEPENDENT Study Investigators. Am J Kidney Dis. 2013 Oct;62(4):771-8.
- Physical and functional interaction of Rnf2 with Af9 regulates basal and aldosterone-stimulated transcription of the α-ENaC gene in a renal collecting duct cell line.
Yu ZY, Kong Q, Kone BC. Biosci Rep. 2013 Oct 25;33(5).
- Epigenetics and the control of the collecting duct epithelial sodium channel.
Kone BC. Semin Nephrol. 2013 Jul;33(4):383-91.