- National Board of Medical Examiners, 1993
- American Board of Radiology, Diagnostic Radiology, 1996
- American Board of Radiology, CAQ, Neuroradiology, 2000, 2010
- Medical School
- Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, 1992
- Diagnostic Radiology, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia
- Diagnostic Radiology, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, 1996
- Neuroradiology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, 1998
Areas of Interest
Head and neck imaging, spine imaging
1. Ponzo JA, Simonetta AB, Calderwood GW. Comparison of gadolinium-enhanced T1 and FLAIR sequences in patients with acute meningitis. ASNR 43rd Annual Meeting, May, 2005.
2. Runge VM, Patel MC, Baumann SS, Simonetta AB, Ponzo JA, Lesley WS, et al. T1-weighted imaging of the brain at 3 Tesla using a 2D spoiled gradient echo technique. Presented at the 91st Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America, Chicago, IL, December, 2005.
3. Simonetta AB, Supsupin E, Sitton C. Retropharyngeal Fluid as a Manifestation of Unsuspected Vascular Injury in Patients Receiving MR Examination of the Cervical Spine After Trauma. American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR) 47th Annual Meeting, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, May 16 -21, 2009.
4. Papasozomenos H, Sitton C, Papasozomenos S, Simonetta AB, Supsupin E: Imaging Findings of Disseminated Bipolaris Presenting as Extra-Axial Fungal Granulomata and Intracranial Abscesses. Presented at the 53rd American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR), Chicago, IL, April 25-30, 2015.
5. Jobanputra K, Simonetta AB, Riascos R, Sitton C: ASPECTS Reporting: Standardizing CT brain Stroke Protocol Evaluation to Better Patient Triage, Enhance Final Outcomes and Promote Research. Presented at the 55th American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR) Annual Meeting, Long Beach, CA, April 24-27, 2017.
6. Riascos R, Simonetta AB, Valenzuela R, Ramirez M, Ocasio L. Rare Case of Subacute Combined Degeneration of the Spinal Cord Secondary to Nitrous Oxide Abuse. Presented at the 55th American Society of Neuroradiology (ANSR Annual Meeting, Long Beach, CA April 24-27, 2017.
REFEREED ORIGINAL ARTICLES IN JOURNALS:
1. Simonetta AB, De Paredes ES. Adenopathy in HIV positive patients: Mammography and sonographic imaging. Breast Dis. 1996; 9(3): 145-150.
2. Simonetta, AB: Imaging of suprasellar and parasellar tumors. Neuroimaging Clin N Am. 1999 Nov;9(4):717-32. PMID: 10517941
3. Gowan GM, Herrington JD, Simonetta AB. Methotrexate-induced toxic leukoencephalopathy. Pharmacotherpy, 2002 Sep; 22(9): 1183-1187. PMID: 12222556
4. Runge VM, Patel MC, Baumann SS, Simonetta AB, Ponzo JA, Lesley WS, Calderwood GW: T1-weighted imaging of the brain at 3 Tesla using a 2D spoiled gradient echo technique. Investigative Radiology, 2006 Feb; 41(2). PMID: 16428975
5. Wintersperger BJ, Biswas J, Runge VM, Nelson CB, Stemmer A, Simonetta AB, Reiser MF, Naul LG, Schoenberg SO. Brain Magnetic Resonance Imaging at 3 Tesla using BLADE Compared With Standard Rectilinear Data Sampling. Investigative Radiology, 2006 July: 41(7); 586-592. PMID: 16772852
1. Simonetta AB, Software Review: head and neck MRI’s version 1.1. Am J Roentgenol, 1997.
1. Simonetta AB, Suprasellar/Parasellar Tumors. In: Ricci, P., ed. Neuroimaging Clinics of North America: Brain Tumors, Saunders, 1999: 9(4) 717-732.
2. Simonetta AB, Moody DM, Reboussin DM, Stump DA, Legault C, Kon N: Magnetic resonance imaging and cardiac surgery. In: Newman S, Harrison M, Eds. The Brain and Cardiac Surgery: The Causes of Neurological Complications and their Prevention. Amsterdam: Harwood Academic Press, 2000.
1. Simonetta AB, Johnson MH, Kubal WS: Nosebleeds: Anatomy, Pathology and Treatment of Posterior Epistaxis, American Roentgen Ray Society Annual Meeting, San Diego, California, May 1996.
2. Simonetta AB, Williams DW, Keyes JW: FDG-PET Imaging Applications in Head and Neck Neoplasms, Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, November, 1997.
3. Bonfante-Mejia EE, Supsupin E, Useche N, Simonetta A, Sitton CW, Wang M. Patterns of Bone Involvement in Neoplasms of the Paranasal Sinuses: Electronic Scientific Exhibit (eSE) at the American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR) 47th Annual Meeting, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, May 16 – 21, 2009.
Honors and Awards
- AOA National Medical Honor Society, 1989
- Hoak Scholarship (For academic achievement), 1989
- A.D. Williams Award (First in Class 1989), 1990
- Hoak Scholarship, 1990
- Dean’s Book Award: Top Grade: Embryology-Neuroscience-Pathology-Physiology, 1990
- A.D. Williams Award (First In Class 1990), 1991
- Hoak Scholarship, 1991
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists Award, 1991
- Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology Award: Top Grade- (M-II Pharmacology course), 1992
- Dean’s Book Award: Behavioral Science-Cardiology-Endocrinology, 1992
- Psychiatry Department Award, 1992
- RSNA Certificate of Merit: “FDG-PET Imaging Applications in
- Head and Neck Neoplasms”, 1997