Welcome to Interventional Radiology at McGovern Medical School at UTHealth. Interventional radiology is able to provide minimally invasive treatments for multiple disease processes by utilizing image guidance (ultrasound, CT, X-ray, MRI), which allows for faster recovery and less risks of complications.
The division is comprised of 7 Fellowship Trained and Board Certified Interventional Radiologists. All physicians are actively involved in clinical care, education and research. Our service provides clinical care at Memorial Hermann Hospital and Lyndon B. Johnson County hospital. The division is a robust and enthusiastic clinical service, all physicians cover the outpatient clinic, inpatient consultations, pre and post procedural management and education. Our physicians participate in regional, national and international meetings, publish in peer reviewed journals, and help author multiple book chapters.
The goal of our division is to treat every patient like our own family members and provide top notch clinical care that incorporates the latest technologies and best outcomes. Our division actively collaborates with multiple specialties to provide the best and most comprehensive care available.
The physicians in our division are involved in multiple areas of medicine that include Oncology, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Vascular malformations, dialysis access, trauma, Women’s health, Men’s health, Biliary disease, Genitourinary disease, pain management, etc.
We are very happy to be able to provide care to you or your family members and we hope this website provides a small glimpse into all the services provided by our group.
- Balloon angioplasty- Veins and arteries
- Biliary Interventions-PTC, PBD, Biliary drains, Biliary stents, cholecystostomy tube, stone removal
- Biopsy- liver, lung, renal, pancreas, lymph nodes, bone, bone marrow, any mass
- Bland and chemoembolization (conventional and beads) for liver tumors
- Bronchial artery embolization for hemoptysis, tumor embolization
- Chest tube placement, pleurodesis
- Deep vein Interventions-Lysis, angioplasty, stenting, May-thurner, IVC reconstruction
- Dialysis access Interventions-Fistulagram, Fistulalysis, angioplasty, stent, fistula maturation
- Dialysis catheter placement, exchange, angioplasty
- Embolization for adhesive capsulitis, osteoarthritis, tendinitis, hemarthrosis
- Embolization-coils, particles, glue, Onyx
- Enteric access (Feeding tubes)- G tube, GJ tube, J tube, cecostomy tubes
- GI bleeding treatment-Embolization, provocative angiogram
- IVC Filter Placement/Removal
- Liver, Kidney, Lung, bone, soft tissue ablation-Cryoablation, Microwave, RFA
- Lower extremity angiogram- atherectomy, balloon angioplasty (conventional and drug eluting), stenting.
- Lymphatic interventions-Lymphangiography, Thoracic duct embolization, Chylothorax, chylous ascites and lymphocele embolization, Plastic bronchitis, Protein loosing enteropathy, Lymphangiectasia.
- Mesenteric angioplasty and stenting for mesenteric ischemia
- Mesenteric Interventions, embolization, stenting, provocative GI bleeding
- Nephrostomy tubes, Nephroureteral stents, Double J stents
- Paracentesis Diagnostic and/or Therapeutic
- Pediatric Interventions-Catheter placement, Drain placement, Feeding tube placement and exchange, tumor embolization and ablation
- Pelvic congestion and Varicocele embolization
- Percutaneous drainage-abscess, fluid, hematoma
- Percutaneous gallstone removal
- Peritoneal Dialysis placement
- PICC placement/removal/exchange
- Pleurx placement (Abdominal, Pleural)
- Port placement/revision/removal
- Portal Hypertension Management- TIPS, BRTO, PARTO, Variceal Embolization, Splenic artery embolization
- Post-transplant interventions-Angioplasty, drains, stenting, Liver and Kidney
- Prostate Artery Embolization
- PTC new and through existing tube
- Pulmonary Artery AVM embolization, HHT.
- Radioembolization for liver and renal tumors-SIRTEX, THERASPHERES
- Renal angioplasty and stenting
- Renal embolization for tumors
- Sclerotherapy, Embolization and ablation for vascular malformations (Venous malformations, Lymphatic malformations, AVM)
- Stenting-Venous, Arterial
- Superficial venous interventions-Varicose veins, spider veins
- Thoracentesis Diagnostic and/or Therapeutic
- Thoracic outlet venous lysis
- Thrombolytic therapy (arterial or venous)
- TIPS/TIPS Revision, Mesocaval shunts
- Trauma interventions-Embolization, stenting
- Tunneled and non-tunneled catheter placement
- Uterine artery embolization for fibroids and hemorrhage
- Venous Blood Sampling, adrenal, Parathyroid
For any questions please contact:
Alainna D. Talton
Senior Administrative Manager
6411 Fannin Street J2.254
Houston, TX 77030