I am an American Board of Nuclear Medicine certified physician. My special interest is in the clinical application of PET in cancer diagnosis and neurological applications, such as Alzheimer’s disease.
My research interest is diagnosis and treatment of thyroid disease, including hyperthyroidism, thyroid cancer with metastases.
American Board of Nuclear Medicine, 2004
Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology, 2005
- Medical School
- China Medical University, Shenyang, China, 1986
- Surgery, SUNY Health Science Center, Brooklyn, NY, 2001
- Internal Medicine, China Medical University, Shenyang, China, 1993
- Anesthesiology, St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO, 2002
- Nuclear Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NYC, NY, 2004
- Nuclear Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2005
- Co-Investigator, Sensitivity and specificity of I-124 FIAU PET-CT scanning in patients presenting with pain and loosening of a prosthetic knee or hip joint visible on plain X-ray. Sponsor: BioMed Valley Discoveries. Saha, Saurabh, MD. 04/2012-2017
- I. Gayed, U. Joseph, L. Dawood, B. Desai and D. Wan: Improving Hepatobiliary Imaging as A Physiologic Test with Superior Clinical Outcomes. SNM annual meeting, J Nuclear Medicine. vol. 59. (Suppl 1): 1584, Philadelphia PA, May 2018
- U. Joseph, L. Dawood, D. Wan, and I. Gayed: Correlation of Quantitative Analysis and Focal Hypometabolism on FDG PET Scan to Cortical Resection of Seizure Focus in Refractory Epilepsy. J Nuclear Medicine, vol. 59. (Suppl 1): 1674, Philadelphia PA, May 2018
- V. S. Tammisetti, D. Q. Wan, H. Yang, S. Behr, A. Rosenkrantz, B. Turkbey: Pitfalls, Interpretative Criteria and Utility of F18-Flucicoline PET CT and Prostate MRI in Biochemically Recurrent Prostate Cancer – A Case Based Review. Abstract accepted, RSNA annual meeting, Chicago, IL 11/2018
REFEREED ORIGINAL ARTICLES IN JOURNALS
- I. Gayed, R. Karni, D. Wan, J. Varghese, K. Wirfel, K. Won, U. Joseph: Interpretation of Tc-99m sestamibi parathyroid SPECT-CT scans made easy for better surgical outcomes in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism. Reports in Medical Imaging. Volume 10 1–7, 2017.
- I. Gayed, V. Salama, L. Dawood, S. Canfield, D. Wan, C. Cai, U. Joseph, R. Amato. Can bone scans guide therapy with radium-223 dichloride for prostate cancer bone metastases? Cancer Management and Research: 10, 3317–24, 2018.
- S. Calle, L. Dawood, N. Tripathee, C. Cai, H. Kaur, D Wan, H. Ibekwe, I. Gayed: Identification of patterns of abnormalities seen on DaTscan™ SPECT imaging in patients with non-Parkinson’s movement disorders. Reports in Medical Imaging. Volume 12, 9–15, 2019.
- D.Q. Wan, Advances in Functional Imaging in the Assessment of Head and Neck Cancer. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America, Pages 627-635 Nov. 2019.