Spotlight On Yolanda Torres

11/18/2020

Yolanda Torres

Yolanda Torres, Senior Executive Assistant, has been a constant in the Department of Emergency Medicine since January 7, 1999. She was recently featured in UTHealth Spotlight and shared her incredible experience helping bring the department from its foundation of six faculty members and burgeoning residency program to the powerhouse we are today.

When asked about her proudest accomplishment, she described:

In my almost 22 years, we have promoted so many from assistant to associate professor and associate to full professor. This is a tedious process and involves plenty of time and a whole lot of patience. I believe, looking back – being directly involved with recruiting and hiring and then witnessing first hand their promotions to a higher academic level gives me a full sense of accomplishment. These and all the accolades received from faculty (some I have known since they were medical students then became residents and now faculty), the everyday “thank you” and the simplest e-mail or text messages gives me the feeling of what I have contributed to this department. I have seen marriages, babies, and retirements – these gives me a full sense that I have done something good while being employed by UT and the Department of Emergency Medicine. I believe that whatever this department has accomplished through the years, I am a part of.

Thank you Yolanda!