Dr. Prater Warns Against Carbon Monoxide Poisoning During Winter Storm


02/18/2021

Carbon Monoxide Safety Sheet

Memorial Hermann Health System has seen an increased amount of patients suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning within the past 24 hours due to the unsafe use of generators or grills. There has also been an increase in burns caused by space heaters.

“If you’re using generators to supply power, the generator needs to remain outside,” said Dr. Samuel Prater, Associate Professor and Executive Vice-Chair of Clinical Affairs with McGovern Medical School at UTHealth and Medical Director of the Emergency Department at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. “Also, under no circumstances should barbecue pits be used inside the home to create warmth.”

More safety tips from Ready Harris.


Share content