Director of Informatics Department of Emergency Medicine
Assistant Professor Department of Emergency Medicine
Education & Training
- Baylor College of Medicine
- McGovern Medical School, Emergency Medicine
- McGovern Medical School, Clinical Informatics
Areas of Interests
- Clinical Interests
- Clinical Informatics, integrating EMR into provider workflow for efficient delivery of care.
- Research Interest
- Procedural sedation in the emergency department, clinical Informatics Information Systems (EDIS)
Dr. Amit Mehta is the Director of Medical Informatics for the Department of Emergency Medicine and serves as a Physician Informaticist with the Harris Health system with a primary focus on emergency medicine informatics. Dr. Mehta oversees the implementation, maintenance and improvement of EDIS and serves as the domain expert for these systems in projects involving EDIS. Dr. Mehta also creates applications in collaboration with IT to support the Department of Emergency medicine’s billing department and the residency department’s educational initiatives.