Abhay Kumar, MD
- Associate Professor, Vivian L. Smith Department of Neurosurgery, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
Dr. Abhay Kumar is a board-certified Neurologist who specializes in Neurocritical Care. He is dedicated to providing comprehensive neurocritical care to acutely ill patients using evidence based and cutting-edge therapies. Dr. Kumar earned his medical degree at the Patna Medical College, and completed his residency at the University of Florida in 2010. He went on to complete a two-year a Fellowship in Neurocritical Care at Washington University’s St. Louis School of Medicine. Dr. Kumar is also an active member of the Neurocritical Care Society.
Dr. Kumar has a particular interest in studying clinical guideline adherence and how patient outcomes are impacted by a facility’s ability to follow protocols. He is also interested in learning more about the role social media can play in the dissemination of information to improve neurocritical care.
Dr. Kumar has the following board certifiations:
- Neurology: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Neurocritical Care: United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties
- Medical Degree
- Patna Medical College, India, 2004
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 2010
- Washington University in St Louis School of Medicine, 2012