Spotlight On Debbie Rivas

04/20/2022

Debbie Rivas, Senior Administrative Manager for the Department of Emergency Medicine, has been a staple at UTHealth Houston for over 20 years. She was recently featured in UTHealth Spotlight and shared her experience working in various divisions before transitioning to the Department of Emergency Medicine. Since arriving in 2004, Debbie has been instrumental in the department’s growth in terms of business and financial management, as well as providing critical support to the research division with new hire onboarding during COVID-19.

When asked about what she enjoys most in her current role, she stated:

I enjoy the challenges and sense of accomplishment.  I have had the pleasure of working with some incredible Emergency Medicine staff, leadership, and faculty.  The leadership team here has allowed me to feel that my daily contributions are valued, and I have been made to feel appreciated.

I’ve also been lucky through the different aspects of my career for numerous opportunities to collaborate and network with other departments throughout UTHealth Houston.  I have formed many lifelong friendships throughout my 31 years.

Thank you so much, Debbie. Your continued support and effort keep the Department of Emergency Medicine on track.