Peter D. Doyle, MD
- Associate Professor, Department of Anesthesiology
- Assistant Dean, Harris County Programs
- Operating Room Director, LBJ Hospital
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Electrical/Biomedical Engineering, 1980-1984
- McGovern Medical School at UT Health
- Doctor of Medicine, 1984-1988
- Highland General Hospital
- Internship – Transitional, 1988-1989
- McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Anesthesiology Residency Program, 1989-1992
Areas of Interest
Past Grant Support
The University of Texas Clinical Safety and Effectiveness Grants Program: Quality and Safety Research Grant Proposal (PI: Kao, Co-Investigators: Blackwell, Doyle, Pedroza, Tyson) “Checklists, Patient Safety, and Surgical Complications: Putting Innovation into Practice”
Refereed Original Articles in Journals:
1. Meeks DW, Lally KP, Carrick MM, Lew DF, Thomas EJ, Doyle PD, and Kao LS. Compliance with guidelines to prevent surgical site infections: as simple as 1-2-3? Am J Surg. 2011 Jan;201(1):76-83. Epub 2010 Jun 22. PMID: 20573335
2. Kao LS, Lew DF, Doyle PD, Carrick MM, Jordan VS, Thomas EJ, and Lally KP. A tale of two hospitals: A staggered cohort of targeted interventions to improve compliance with antibiotic prophylaxis guidelines. Surgery, 2010 Aug; 148(2): 255-262 PMID: 20494387
3. Kilpatrick CC, Doyle PD, Reichman EF, Chohan L, Uthman M, Orejuela FJ. Emotional intelligence and selection to administrative chief resident. Acad Psych. 2012; 36:1–3.
1. Rupasinghe M, Doyle PD, Johnson, S. An Obstetric Dilemma. ASA Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California; October 2013.
2. Rupasinghe M, Suz, P, Hemmad A, Doyle PD. Anesthesia for Cesarean Section in a Patient with Diabetic Keto-Acidosis. ASA Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California; October 2013.
3. Doyle PD, Houseworth T, Rupasinghe M. Intrathecal catheter related complications. ASA Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana; October 2014.
4. Rupasinghe M, Suz P, Doyle PD. Uneventful epidural analgesia in a patient with severe thrombocytopenia. ASA Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana; October 2014.
5. Guzman-Reyes S, Sharma A, Arnaud M, Hollenbeck T, Doyle PD, Anesthetic Management of Right Hemi-Hepatectomy in a Jehovah’s Witness Patient with Lynch Syndrome. . ASA Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana; October 2014.