Refereed Original Articles:
1. Cattano D, Artime C, Maddukuri V, et al: Endotrol tracheal tube-assisted endotracheal intubation during videolaryngoscopy. Intern Emerg Med. 7(1):59-63, 2012.
2. Artime C, Hagberg C: Tracheal Extubation. Respir Care. 59(6):991-1002, 2014.
3. Hagberg C, Artime C: Extubation of the perioperative patient with a difficult airway. Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology (Revista Colombiana de Anestesiología). 42(4):295-301, 2014.
4. Hagberg C, Artime C: Is there a gold standard for management of the difficult airway? Anesthesiology Clinics. 33(2):233-240, 2015.
5. Gumbert SD, Normand KC, Artime CA, Nwokolo OO, Williams G 2nd, Guzman-Reyes S, Ghebremichael S, Sridhar S, Graham-Carlson AD, Pawelek O, Jain R, Hagberg CA, Pivalizza EG: Reliability of a faculty evaluated scoring system for anesthesiology resident applicants (Original Investigation). J Clin Anesth 2016 Jun;31:131-6.
6. Artime CA, Altamirano A, Normand KC, Ferrario L, Aijazi H, Cattano D, Hagberg CA. Flexible optical intubation via the Ambu Aura-i vs blind intubation via the single-use LMA Fastrach: a prospective randomized clinical trial. J Clin Anesth. 2016 Sep;33:41-6.
7. Burnett Jr. T, Artime CA, Normand KC, Cai C, Hagberg CA. Use of the Totaltrack® Video Laryngeal Mask Airway for tracheal intubation: a feasibility study. Trends in Anaesthesia and Critical Care 2017 Oct;16:40-45.
8. Artime C, Aijazi H, Zhang H, Syed T, Cai C, Gumbert S, Ferrario L, Normand, K, Hagberg C, Williams G. Scheduled Intravenous Acetaminophen Improves Patient Satisfaction With Postcraniotomy Pain Management: A Prospective, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind Study. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2018 Jul;30:231-236.
9. Williams GW II, Artime CA, Mancillas OL, Syed T, Burnett T Jr., Graham R, Tam J, Hagberg C. Subglottic perioperative airway-tube inflation via randomized evaluation with variable syringe size (SPAIR-TIRE) study. Clin Respir J 2019;13:66–69.
10. Williams GW 2nd, Jones WS, Chaudhry R, Cai C, Pednekar GS, Long AC, Chouhan S, Artime C, Wegner RC, Grewal NK, Patterson VM, Contreras DA, Ferrario L. Intraoperative Anesthesiology Management and Patient Outcomes for Surgical Revascularization for Moyamoya Disease: A Review and Clinical Experience. J Neurol Surg A Cent Eur Neurosurg. 2019 May;80:143-148.
11. Williams GW 2nd, Cai C, Artime CA, Teima D, Emerald A, Rajkumar KP. Evaluation of saline versus gel as contact medium for ultrasonographic image quality. J Clin Ultrasound. 2019 Jun 17.
12. Hernandez N, de Haan J, Clendennin D, Meyer D, Ghebremichael S, Artime C, Williams GW, Eltzschig H, Sen S. Impact of serratus plane block on pain scored and incentive spirometry volumes after chest trauma. Local Reg Anesth. 2019 Aug;12:59-66.
13. Artime C, Roy S, Hagberg C. The difficult airway. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. Accepted, to be published 2020.
1. Artime C, Hagberg C: “Awake Intubation” in Anesthesia for Otolaryngologic Surgery. New York (NY): Cambridge University Press; 2012.
2. Artime C, Sanchez A: “Preparation of the Patient for Awake Intubation” in Benumof’s Airway Management: Principles and Practice 3rd edition, St. Louis (MO): Mosby, Inc., 2012.
3. Artime C: “Flexible Fiberoptic Intubation” in The Difficult Airway, A Practical Guide, New York (NY): Oxford University Press; 201
4. Artime C: “Preparation for Awake Intubation” in The Difficult Airway, A Practical Guide, New York (NY): Oxford University Press; 2013.
5. Artime C, Hagberg C: “Airway Management” in Miller’s Anesthesia, 8th ed., St. Louis (MO): Saunders; 2014
6. Rosenblatt W, Artime C. Management of the difficult airway for general anesthesia. In: UpToDate, Crowley M (Ed), Waltham (MA): UpToDate.com; 2015
7. Artime C, Hagberg C. Flexible scope intubation for anesthesia. In: UpToDate, Crowley M (Ed), Waltham (MA): UpToDate.com; 2015
8. Artime C, Hagberg C. “Airway algorithms and guidelines” in Cases in Emergency Airway Management, New York (NY): Oxford University Press; 2015.
9. Artime C, Rojas A, Williams G. “Mathematics and Statistics” in Basic Anesthesiology Exam Review, New York (NY): Oxford University Press; 2015.
10. Artime C: “Pharmacology of Sedative Drugs Used in Out of Operating Room Anesthesia” in Out of Operating Room Anesthesia, Switzerland: Springer; 2017.
11. Artime C: “Preparation of the Patient for Awake Intubation” in Benumof’s Airway Management: Principles and Practice 4th ed., Philadelphia (PA): Elsevier; 2017.
12. Artime C, Hagberg C: “Airway Management” in Miller’s Anesthesia, 9th ed., St. Louis (MO): Elsevier; 2019.
1. Hagberg C, Artime C, Daily W eds: A Practical Guide to the Difficult Airway, Oxford University Press, New York, 2013.
2. Hagberg C, Artime C, Aziz M eds: Hagberg and Benumof’s Airway Management, 4th ed., Philadelphia (PA): Elsevier; 2017.
1. Artime C, Candido K, Golembiewski J, Meyer T. Use of Topical Anesthetics to Support Intubation. Anesthesiology News. August 31, 2015.
2. Cattano D, Artime C: Residual neuromuscular blockade: in the beginning there was chaos, but light has not been made yet. J Clin Anesth. 2016 Sep;33:41-6.
3. Doyle DJ, Artime C, Aziz M, Foley LJ, Law JA, Schechtman S: Airway Management Roundtable: Seven Questions for 6 Anesthesiologists. Anesthesiology News. August 28, 2017.