Davide Cattano, MD, PhD, FASA, CMQ
- Professor, Department of Anesthesiology
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Otorhinolaryngology
- Medical Director, Anesthesia Clinic
- Adjunct Professor, School of Dentistry at UTHealth
- Service Chief, Head and Neck Anesthesia, Memorial Hermann - TMC
- Adjunct Faculty, AA MS Program, CWRU
- Faculty of Medicine and Surgery Universita Campus Bio Medico of Rome
- Doctor of Medicine, 1993-1999
- Medical School University of Pisa
- Anesthesiology, Pain and Intensive Care Residency Program, 1999-2003
- University of Pisa-Department of Human Morphology and Applied Biology School of Medicine
- Doctor of Philosophy, 2004-2006
CURRENT NON-FUNDED RESEARCH:
1. Co-PI: Utility of Blood Type and Screen for Surgical Planning in Laparoscopic Sterilization. HSC-MS-15-0903
2. PI: Safety Implications of Patients Receiving Preoperative Antiplatelet Therapy With Clopidgrel and/or Aspirin: Investigation of Thrombolastograph Platelet Mapping to Objectively Assess Platelet Inhibition and Subsequent Use to Guide Individual Patient Management. HSC-MS-06-0329.
3. Co-PI:Functional Fibrinogen In Pediatric Patients Undergoing Cardiopulmonary Bypass.
4. Co-PI: Effect of Dabigatran on Coagulation as measured by the Thrombolastograph (TEG). HSC-MS-12-0732.
5. Co-PI: Use of the Thrombolastograph (TEG) Top Assess Anticoagulation Effect of Coumadin. HSC-MS-04-061.
6. Co-PI: Anticipation of the Difficult Airway: The Preoperative Airway Assessment Form As An Educational and Quality Improvement Tool.HSC-MS-07-0144 (past grant phase, active analysis)
7. PI (UTHSC): Multicenter RCT STAGE: Comparative effectiveness of video laryngoscopy with the C-MAC D blade vs. the Glidescope in the predicted difficult airway: A multi-centered randomized controlled trial. HSC-MS-12-0514(past grant phase, active analysis)
8. PI: A double blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study to investigate the effectiveness of IV Acetaminophen administered during functional endoscopic sinus surgery in reducing the use of opiates to treat postoperative pain. Cadence pharm. 94,500.00 $ HSC-MS-12-0111 (past grant phase, active analysis)
1. Cattano, D., Cai, C., and Wojtczak, JA.: Airway dimensions: external landmarks and internal structures comparison. Anesthesiology 2015: A2055.
2. Katsiampoura, A., Killoran, P.V., Rane, M.N., Hagberg, C.A., and Cattano, D.: Comparison between preoperative clinic, phone assessment and no assessment: Extent and causes of surgical cancellations. Anesthesiology 2015, A2110.
3. Cattano, D,, Graham, R,, Mullalym A,, Melton, R., Green, T., and Hagberg, C.A.: In-hospital airway management: OOORAM and anesthesiology-directed airway program for respiratory therapists. Anesthesiology 2015: A2182
4. Wojtczak, J.A., and Cattano, D.: Echogenic endotracheal tubes and laryngeal mask airways: a reality? Anesthesiology 2015: A3021
5. Cattano, D,, Faramarz, A., Tyler, M., Cai, C., Kain, J., Hagberg, C.A, Fakhri, S., Citardi, M., and Luong, A.: Analgesic effectiveness of preemptive iv acetaminophen (IVAPAP) Following functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) for chronic rhino-sinusitis (CRS): A randomized controlled trial. Anesthesiology 2015: A4013
1. Cattano, D. Propofol induced neuroapoptosis in the developing mouse brain. Monograph book on anesthesia induced neuroapoptosis by propofol. VDM Verlag Dr Muller Aktiengesellschaft & Co. KG. ISBN 978-3-639-14579-3, May 2009.