*NEW: The VSP Application is now an online process!
1) Applicant must identify a faculty sponsor. The department does not have a list of faculty that regularly accept observers. It is the responsibility of the applicant to research our Neurology faculty and contact them by email requesting an observership. Faculty from other departments or specialties cannot be the sponsor for Neurology observerships/professional trainees/pre-baccalaureate trainees/visiting student trainees/visiting scientists.
2) Once faculty sponsor is obtained, the online application is initiated at the department level by the department coordinator.
3) Applicant will receive an email with a unique link to complete the application and submit the required documents and *fees if applicable. (*please see fee schedule here)
4) Application is routed to the appropriate departments on campus for review and final approval.
5) Applicant is notified of approval or denial.
6) If approved, applicant must have an intake appointment with Human Resources to review the applicant’s identification and obtain a visitor’s UTHealth badge. In addition, a foreign applicant must obtain visa clearance from the Office of International Affairs.
7) Visiting Scholar checks‐in with School Coordinator and is then officially cleared to start & report to sponsoring department.