The mission of the Medical Student Research Office at McGovern Medical School of the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston is to support the training of future physician-researchers and scholars.
College students interested in Summer Research Program, please access this link.
The goals of MSRO are to help students:
- identify faculty research mentors
- conduct focused research studies
- develop critical thinking skills
- develop communication skills through dissemination of their research
- recognize the important role of research in health care delivery
- analyze published biomedical research
- appreciate the challenges facing biomedical research and its applications to clinical practice
- secure desired residency placement