Faculty and Staff
Our team provides the training and support for a variety of systems and software to facilitate positive learning environment and empower faculty with learning-outcome-driven technologies.
ExamSoft is a computer-based assessment platform used by our MS1 and MS2 curriculum. It enables exam creation, secure test administration through Examplify, question banking, exam scoring, and reporting. Our school’s ID is uthmed.
ExamSoft Support (24/7): 866-429-8889 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer instructional design and development services for multimedia projects. If you are interested in creating instructional videos, self-directed learning modules, and other types of e-Learning materials, please contact: email@example.com
Helpful resources are listed below:
- Slide Presentation to Video Best Practices
- Example of Storyboard
- Protocol of Developing Self-Learning Module
Panopto is an online video management platform available for all UTHealth users. It is fully integrated with Canvas for video course content. Instructors can also create recordings directly from their home or office computers and share the videos with the students through Panopto.
Poll Everywhere is a cloud-based Audience Response System (ARS) that supports interactive classroom instruction and real-time learner engagement. Faculty can request a premium presenter account at firstname.lastname@example.org to poll up to 1000 participants during a poll session.
Qualtrics allows users to create surveys, and generate reports as well as collaborating with other users. Qualtrics is approved for hosting PHI/HIPPA information by UTHealth IT Security.
- Login to Qualtrics (For Support, when logged in Qualtrics> Click the Help button at the upper right corner of the screen > select Contact Support > Click Sign in with SSO under the Sign in button. Use “uthtmc” as the institution ID)
- UTHealth Qualtrics FAQ Page
- Qualtrics Knowledge Base
- Qualtrics Support
Pre-clerkship students are provided with USMLE-ScholarRx. Selected Rx Bricks will be used as supplementary resources for content and faculty will choose questions from Q-max to construct practice exams. Please use Google Chrome to access the system.
Webex is a web-conferencing system available for all UTHealth users. You can attend Webex video meetings from your computer, tablet or smartphone. Webex is fully integrated with Microsoft Outlook. Contact your IT personnel to install the Webex Productivity Tool if you are interested in scheduling a meeting directly from your Outlook calendar.
- MMS Webex Support (M-F 8AM-5PM via ServiceNow)
- UTHealth Helpdesk (M-F 8AM-5PM): 713-486-4848 (to re-activate account)
- Conference Operations (M-F 8AM-5PM): email@example.com or call 713-500-5048 in emergency
- Webex Technical Support (24/7): 1-866-229-3239
MS-Gradebook is used internally by the Office of Educational Programs for grading purpose for the pre-clerkship students.