BLS – ACLS
Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support: Training & Certification
Our BLS & ACLS courses are American Heart Association Certified. Before you can begin, you will need to pay the course fee on-line. Please allow at least one business day for your payment to be processed. Payments made over the weekend or on a holiday will be processed the following business day. Once your payment is processed, we will have to manually register you. You will then receive an e-mail with the course log-in information.
- BLS…$80.00 (includes all fees, access to part 1 online portion, part 2 skills session, provider card, and online BLS manual access for 60 days)
- ACLS…$260.00 (includes all fees, access to part 1 online portion, part 2 skills session, provider card, and online ACLS manual access for 60 days)
- Payments are not accepted in person or over the telephone.
- Refund Policy (No Refund): Once a payment is made, a refund cannot be issued.
There are 2 parts to the course (Online Portion & Skills Session):
- Both parts must be purchased and completed through the SCSC. We do not accept part 1 purchased elsewhere. Both parts must be completed within 60 days from the registration date.
- Part 1 is the online portion consisting of online modules and testing that can be accessed from any computer with internet access. You may complete the modules in one session or over multiple sessions as your schedule allows. If you stop part-way through any module and log off, you will have to redo that module when you log back in.
- No hardcopy of the BLS or ACLS manual is provided. Access to the online manuals are included in the course, and will expire within 60 days from the registration date.
- Part 2, the hands-on skills session, will be conducted in the SCSC. We are located at 6431 Fannin Street, MSB B.120 Houston, TX 77030 in the basement of the UTHealth McGovern Medical School Building.
- Part 2 can be completed Monday through Friday at either 9am or 2pm. Please note that Part 1 of the course must be completed prior to scheduling your Part 2 skills session. To schedule your Part 2 appointment, please go to: https://booking.appointy.com/scsc. Any modification to your appointment must be completed 48 hours prior to your scheduled time.
- Upon course completion, you will be provided with the provider e-card immediately.
The average time to complete these courses are noted below. These are average times with a wide range of variability, and depends on how quickly one can complete each module.
|Part 1…Online Portion
on your computer
|Part 2…Skills Session
in the SCSC
|BLS…new certification||2 hours||30-60 minutes|
|BLS…renewal||1 ½ -2 hours||30-45 minutes|
|ACLS…new certification||10 hours||30-45 minutes|
|ACLS…renewal||3 – 6 hours||30 minutes|
To pay for the course(s), please go to: http://go.uth.edu/scscpay
For any questions, please email: MS_SCSC_CCP@uth.tmc.edu. We are available Monday through Friday, 7:30am – 4:30pm.